If you write a lot about Windows and Windows Live in your blog, then you should definitely consider joining the Clubhouse.
Clubhouse is a community that promotes Windows blog posts from all over the blogosphere. All a blogger has to do is to join the Clubhouse and continue writing useful blog posts on Windows related topics.
This blog post from Windows Team Blog, gives details on what exactly you need to do, to be part of the Clubhouse.
How does it work?
When you write posts using Windows Live Writer, use some Special Tags to distinguish your posts. As claimed by the blog post above, currently tags are available for Windows Vista and and Windows Live. Windows 7 tags are soon coming up. Once you do this and your blog has a valid RSS feed, the posts are automatically picked up by The Clubhouse.
How does your Blog Posts become popular?
Now coming to this blog topic – we will take a look on how your posts gain popularity.
- Once posts with special tags are pulled by The Clubhouse, they are visible to other Clubhouse Members
- Members rate these posts and top rated posts become special!
- These special posts are showcased on Microsoft websites, newsletters and also tweeted from @MSWindows, @windowslive
- Depending on your blog topic – Windows Vista or Windows Live – the post may also be showcased in the following websites
- Explore Windows Live
- Discover Windows Vista
- Continuing to write good posts can also earn you Club points and Club badges. Badges are a way to prove your competency on Windows blogging (May be you get additional perks out of these points and badges, which is obscure at the moment)
So if you are a Windows blogger, looking to popularize content, then The Clubhouse is something to give a good try.
April 9, 2009 Comments
Huge number of online storage services, some completely free and some free to a certain limit, have been burgeoning over the last few years. One such service worth mentioning is, Windows Live Skydrive. To use this service, you must sign up for a Windows Live account, which is a Single-Sign-On for all Windows Live services.
Key Features of Windows Live Skydrive:
- Part of Windows Live family. Can bet on its existence and may not be withdrawn or given up
- Free storage space upto 25 GB
- Single File upload limit of 50 MB
- Simple user interface for Folder Creation and File uploads
- Embeddable links for Folders and Files
- RSS feeds for Public Folders
Skydrive, at the startup, provides the following folders with varying access levels - Documents, Public, Favorites, Shared favorites
But you can create any number of folders and assign suitable access level for each of those. You can choose to make the folder - Private, Public, Share with network (Windows Live), Share with selected people (email list)
Once a folder is made Public, you can also publish the RSS feed link for that folder. This is very useful when you frequently add documents and wish to have it available for the public. Also, the public folders and files can be embedded into web pages using the
With Skydrive, you can also create photo albums, add photos and share it with your friends.
Thus, Skydrive is ideal - if you are an active member of Windows Live community or looking for a quality free online storage service with good amount of space.
December 22, 2008 Comments