I have been blogging for quite some time. But only recently I was struck with the buzzword, SEO. For those of you who are unaware of this term but running a blog (and looking to popularize it!), I would like to share my learning through this series of posts.
SEO stands for, Search Engine Optimization. This means, optimizing your web page or blog, so that your pages shows up (possibly at the top!) for any relevant searches using the search engines. (I know this is a crude definition!!)
To start with, you can have a look at the video of a speech given by Stephen Spencer, in the WordPress conference.
Once you appreciate the need for SEO, have a look at the SEO Starter guide compiled by Google. This should help the blogger optimize or fine tune his/her blog, for searches.
Stay tuned and I will share more of my learning through this series. Happy blogging!!
- Starting with SEO #2 – Page Titles and Meta Tags
- Starting with SEO #3 – Anchor text and Images
- Starting with SEO #4 – Similar Posts
- Starting with SEO #5 – Essential SEO Plugins
- Everything you wanted to know about XML Sitemaps [SEO Tips]