Title tags provide a description on the content of the page, to both search engines and users. Title tags are recommended to be unique for each page and post (in case of blogs). This will highly improve the chances of your posts, making into top search results.
As per Google SEO Starter guide (PDF), following are the recommendations for efficient title tags:
- Accurately describe page content
- Create unique title tags for each page
- Use brief, but descriptive titles
But as a blogger, it is virtually impossible to hand code the
This plugin provides you with flexibilities to achieve appropriate
As every Web developer might know, tags provide information about information. With a Search Engine, a page’s description tag gives a summary of what the page is about. With reference to Google, description tags might be used as snippets for the pages, in search results.
Google Webmaster blog has an informative post on using meta tags to improve page snippets. This post should give you a better idea on how Meta tag information is used by the Google Search Engine. For further information, you can refer again to the Google SEO Starter Guide (PDF).
Again, as with
- Define tags for Home page and other pages
- Define tags in XHTML format for each of your posts
Hope you found these useful. Be tuned for further tips and suggestions on making your Blog, SEO friendly. After all, it is good to learn together!!
Previous posts in this Series:
- Starting with SEO #2 - Page Titles and Meta Tags
- Starting with SEO #4 - Similar Posts
- Starting with SEO #3 - Anchor text and Images
- Starting with SEO - #1
- Wordpress 2.7 is around the corner