Yahoo! is determined to boost up their Image and Video search for sure. Yesterday, Yahoo! announced a couple of Multimedia grand challenge problems for researchers and algorithm specialists.
A brief intro on these challenges:
- Image Search – Developing a robust way to search across images in the web, to provide more meaningful results to searchers. Contest also looks at innovative ways to present the search results
- Video Search – Develop methods, techniques and algorithms to search across videos over the web
To know more about the contest, head over to their blog here.
Chosen candidates will be allowed to present their ideas, along with demos in the ACM Multimedia Challenge 2009, happening at Beijing in October this year.
- Yahoo! Deals
- Yahoo!’s New Home Page – A sneak (P)review
- Mobile World Congress 2009 : Follow on Thoughts Unlimited!!
- View Youtube and Google videos in Gmail Chat
- Google Image Search turns more specific