An Overactive RSS feed (What is RSS?) like that of TechCrunch, delivers about 10 items everyday. Consider 20 such RSS subscriptions and your RSS Reader can be cluttered in no time. I am going to show you, how to get a Daily Summary of all posts from a RSS subscription.
Feedstomper is a utility developed by Jeremy Raines, that takes in the details of your RSS feed and provides an alternate feed that aggregates entries from the source RSS feed into a Daily summary.
For instance, summarizing the RSS feed URL of TechCrunch, gives you the following alternate feed.
Now you can subscribe to this alternate feed in your RSS Reader and receive a Daily Summary of all posts from TechCrunch.
I suggest discretion in using this against all Overactive RSS feeds, as there can be a considerable time delay when the item reaches you. This may not be suitable for News feeds, where the speed of item delivery matters.
- RSS Subscribers and Blog Visitors
- Create Newsletter from your Blog RSS Feed using MailChimp
- TechCrunch’s Arrington takes leave of absence [Tech News]
- How to create a Web Questionnaire Form in 5 minutes?
- Things to know once you have the Twitter Account [Twitter]