Times are tough and everyone knows it. I have tried to identify a few points, that one must consider. I would rather recommend these to be a part of your Personal Brand, rather than as tactics during difficult times.
- Crib about your current employer or current job using social media like Blogs, Facebook etc.
- Actively scout for jobs citing job insecurity or financial targets - time can turn tough for everyone and they might guess your attitude based on this
- Be passionless about your current job or rule - better alternative is to talk about these to your manager and improve the condition
- Building credit by the way of Credit Cards, Loans etc. - these can be a burden that you may not be able to offload
- Try and add value to your current role at the organization
- Equip yourself better for the current job in hand - part time education, certifications, etc. are a few options
- Be open to take up additional responsibilities that might come up, due to more people leaving the organization
- Be prepared to take some beating on the financial front - the organization treated you well at good times and now it is your turn
- Save money by all possible means - this might turn out to be an investment on the new business you might have to start
Feel free to add additional points as comments to this post. As they say, “Tough times never last, but tough people do”